- SFU economist Dr. Marvin Shaffer warns BC should stay away from private power IPPs just as much as it should the costly proposed Site C Dam.
- Dramatic footage of RCMP enforcing a court injunction to remove Kinder Morgan protestors from Burnaby Mountain.
- Kinder Morgan's contractors began rolling work trucks carrying construction equipment up Burnaby Mountain at approximately 10 PM on Thursday.
- RCMP have begun arresting citizens protesting Kinder Morgan on Burnaby Mountain.
- Kinder Morgan doesn't pay its "fair share" of Canadian taxes and exaggerates local benefits from its proposed pipeline, charges economist and former ICBC CEO Robyn Allan.
- The Keystone XL pipeline bill narrowly went down to defeat in the US Senate today.
- Newly re-elected Burnaby Mayor Derek Corrigan is vowing to stop Kinder Morgan's pipeline proposal through the courts - urging citizens not to get arrested in defiance of a recent injunction.
- Massive gas deals between Russia and China mean only 1 in 20 proposed LNG projects are expected to be built by 2020 - with Canada especially vulnerable, says business news leader Bloomberg.
- The BC government is worried it can't control the way fracking and LNG are being criticized through social media, a Freedom of Information request reveals.
- Our legal system has become deeply unjust for citizens and the environment, says Rafe Mair on the recent court loss for Burnaby citizens opposing Kinder Morgan's pipeline.
- Alberta biologist and landowner Jessica Ernst has won the right to sure the Alberta government over alleged groundwater contamination from Encana's nearby fracking.
- Grassroots cracks are forming in a proposed deal between a Nisga'a Nation elected leaders and Pacific Northwest LNG - backed by Malaysia's Petronas.
- The salmon farming industry's latest ad, in the Globe and Mail, is full of tall tales, covering up its waste and environmental problems, while grossly exaggerating job claims - says DC Reid.
- Why Texas pipeline giant Kinder Morgan may win its legal battles but lose the war for its pipeline, as ham-fisted tactics continue to erode its social licence.
- Rafe Mair turns over a new leaf, taking to heart Shell and Premier Clark's promises of "green" LNG, clean fracking and "world-class" safety in fossil fuel transport...What could go wrong?
- The former head of BC Hydro has dropped out of the National Energy Board's "farcical" hearings for the proposed Kinder Morgan pipeline, through a scathing letter to the regulator.
Dramatic footage of RCMP enforcing a court injunction to remove Kinder Morgan protestors from Burnaby Mountain.
SFU economist Dr. Marvin Shaffer warns BC should stay away from private power IPPs just as much as it should the costly proposed Site C Dam.
The salmon farming industry's latest ad, in the Globe and Mail, is full of tall tales, covering up its waste and environmental problems, while grossly exaggerating job claims - says DC Reid.
Ray Grigg explains how Creation mythology subconsciously sanctions our careless attitude toward nature. "The earth is only a stage upon which the human drama of sin, redemption and salvation occurs."