- It was a bad day in court for Kinder Morgan, as the judge threw out civil contempt of court charges for protestors and refused to extend the Houston-based pipeline company's injunction.
- The BC Liberal government continued its steady march towards an LNG industry this week by approving Petronas' proposed plant and 2 more gas pipelines.
- Join The Common Sense Canadian's Damien Gillis for a multi-media discussion of LNG, fracking and BC's energy future - this Wednesday evening in Victoria.
- Newly re-elected mayors Derek Corrigan and Gregor Robertson won because of their tough stances on Kinder Morgan, says Rafe Mair. That's why the "establishment" disdains them but the public loves them.
- SFU economist Dr. Marvin Shaffer warns BC should stay away from private power IPPs just as much as it should the costly proposed Site C Dam.
- Dramatic footage of RCMP enforcing a court injunction to remove Kinder Morgan protestors from Burnaby Mountain.
- Kinder Morgan's contractors began rolling work trucks carrying construction equipment up Burnaby Mountain at approximately 10 PM on Thursday.
- RCMP have begun arresting citizens protesting Kinder Morgan on Burnaby Mountain.
- Kinder Morgan doesn't pay its "fair share" of Canadian taxes and exaggerates local benefits from its proposed pipeline, charges economist and former ICBC CEO Robyn Allan.
- The Keystone XL pipeline bill narrowly went down to defeat in the US Senate today.
- Newly re-elected Burnaby Mayor Derek Corrigan is vowing to stop Kinder Morgan's pipeline proposal through the courts - urging citizens not to get arrested in defiance of a recent injunction.
- Massive gas deals between Russia and China mean only 1 in 20 proposed LNG projects are expected to be built by 2020 - with Canada especially vulnerable, says business news leader Bloomberg.
- The BC government is worried it can't control the way fracking and LNG are being criticized through social media, a Freedom of Information request reveals.
- Our legal system has become deeply unjust for citizens and the environment, says Rafe Mair on the recent court loss for Burnaby citizens opposing Kinder Morgan's pipeline.
- Alberta biologist and landowner Jessica Ernst has won the right to sure the Alberta government over alleged groundwater contamination from Encana's nearby fracking.
- Grassroots cracks are forming in a proposed deal between a Nisga'a Nation elected leaders and Pacific Northwest LNG - backed by Malaysia's Petronas.
It was a bad day in court for Kinder Morgan, as the judge threw out civil contempt of court charges for protestors and refused to extend the Houston-based pipeline company's injunction.
SFU economist Dr. Marvin Shaffer warns BC should stay away from private power IPPs just as much as it should the costly proposed Site C Dam.
The salmon farming industry's latest ad, in the Globe and Mail, is full of tall tales, covering up its waste and environmental problems, while grossly exaggerating job claims - says DC Reid.
Ray Grigg explains how Creation mythology subconsciously sanctions our careless attitude toward nature. "The earth is only a stage upon which the human drama of sin, redemption and salvation occurs."